Today’s Top Ten Tuesday asks what we are most looking forward to reading in 2018. As I said back in early November, 2018 looks to be a bit of a dry year for me in terms of book releases by authors I love. I have very few books waiting for me on my TBR pile (physical or virtual), and I’ve done a good job keeping my to-investigate pile pretty low as well. My list of bookish priorities in 2018 is rather small this year in comparison to previous years, but here goes.
Books published prior to 2018:
1. A Skinful of Shadows – Frances Hardinge*
2. Stillhouse Lake – Rachel Caine
3. The City of Brass – SA Chakraborty*
4. Consider the Fork – Bee Wilson
5. Sirens & Sinners – Hans Helmut Prinzler*
6. The Clothes Make the Girl (Look Fat)? – Brittany Gibbons*
7. My Brigadista Year – Katherine Paterson
8. Flight of the Silvers – Daniel Price
Books releasing in 2018:
1. Wires and Nerve vol 2 – Marissa Meyer (Jan)*
2. Markswoman – Mati Rehmotra (Jan)
3. White Sand Vol 2 – Brandon Sanderson (Feb)*
4. Tarnished City – Vic James (Feb)*
5. An American Marriage – Tayari Jones (Feb)
6. The Invasion – Peadar O’Guillin (Mar)
7. Bright We Burn – Kiersten White (Jun)*
8. Sorcerer Royal – Zen Cho (Sept)*
9. Skyward – Brandon Sanderson (Nov)*
Books that have hints that they might release in 2018 but probably won’t (I can hope, right?):
1. Lethal White – Robert Galbraith
2. The Muse of Nightmares – Laini Taylor
3. The Lost Metal – Brandon Sanderson
4. the next Shades of London book – Maureen Johnson
[Note: Since this is more than ten titles, I’ve starred the ones I’m most looking forward to, excluding those in the last category since they probably won’t release.]
Like I said, small year, especially given that I’m not sure if any in that last category will actually release. Plus, only a handful of these titles are guaranteed reads – some may be culled as I try the books and move on. Still, I’m hopeful that I’ll enjoy a big chunk of these, and that my small list will give me plenty of time and opportunity to discover new things in 2018!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I just got a sample of ‘City of Brass’ 🙂 I read so many good reviews, I felt the need to check it out.
Also, I am looking forward to the Sanderson’s releasing next year! I still have ‘Oathbringer’ to read though. After seeing, that the next Stormlight book will probably come around 2020, I don’t want to start it yet. I started re-reading the first 2 books of the series and will probably read something else after that before I start ‘Oathbringer’ (if I can control myself 😀 ). Looking forward to it is nice as well 😉
I read a sample of City of Brass and was instantly hooked. I’ve been waiting for my library to send me a copy ever since! As for the Stormlight Archive, I don’t even come close to having the willpower to wait on those. It took me forever to finally read Words of Radiance, but after that, i was hooked. Hooked is not a strong enough word, haha.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I added Lethal White to my list as well in hopes for a 2018 release! Ahhh, I need more Cormoran Strike and Robin adventures in my life!
It’s been too long!!!
Ooh, I didn’t know there was a date on Zen Cho’s next book. Very excited!
Right now it seems to be a tentative date, but I hope that firms up!
I need to get out more. I don’t know any of these books. Hmmmm. 🙂
I hadn’t heard of any of your top five of the year either! This is one reason I love book blogging – I’ve gotten wonderful recommendations from all of you in the past!