The Zen Leaf began many years ago as a book blog, and remains primarily book-oriented to this day. I, however, have never been very good at one-track thinking. There are too many things I love, and I can’t stick to just one! So while books will continue to dominate The Zen Leaf, other parts of my life will tiptoe in (and possibly take precedence away from the books) from time to time. Which means that beyond book reviews and book talk, you might find content related to:
- my life as a married, stay-at-home-mom, and plenty more about my quirky family
- health and fitness, including but not limited to: yoga, mental health, body image, body positivity, disordered eating, food, PCOS, and weight – more on my Wellness Page
- my attempts to become a runner again – more on my Running Page
- gender, queer, and LGBTQIA issues, which are a passion of mine, especially as an agender person in a nontraditional family (that nevertheless looks traditional)
- my love for writing – more on my Writing Page.
- yarn art and crochet
- other miscellaneous stuff I love as an extroverted, opinionated force of nature (ha!)
Feel free to look around my blog. I love love love meeting people and look forward to getting to know you! Just please keep the following guidelines in mind while you peek around:
In terms of comments, I do not mind polite disagreement and discussion, but I will delete any attacking or inflammatory comment outright. No trolls! I have no time/energy to deal with that kind of thing and I will not engage.
Also, there are a handful of password-protected book reviews on this site. I’ve chosen to keep them private because my thoughts about these books are private. Both positive and negative reviews have been password protected, as well as books where I was involved in some way with the creative process. These are all simply reviews which, for one reason or another, I am not comfortable sharing publicly. Thank you for your respect concerning them.
Last updated: 12/16/19