Last week, I talked about my most anticipated 2016 releases. These, of course, will be reading priorities in the upcoming year. Additionally, I have unread books on my shelves and on my virtual TBR shelf that will be high priority in 2016. I like to keep as close to a zeroed-out TBR pile as possible, especially when it comes to books on my shelves.
In 2015, I entered the year uncomfortable with how many unread books I had facing me. There were nine on my shelves, eight in audio queue, four on my virtual TBR, and over 30 in my “to-investigate” list. I’m pleased to say that of the nine on my shelves, only one remains unread. The rest were either read or culled. I also have no outstanding audio queue, very few “to investigate” books, and only three virtual TBR books (none of which were there last year). So I am in a much better place for starting 2016 than I was for starting 2015, and the following books, in addition to my anticipated 2016 releases, will be top priority for me in the upcoming year.
On My Shelf (fiction)
1. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson – This was on my list last year. I need to reread the first book before I can read this one, and because they’re both around 1000 pages, I keep putting them off, even though I want to read them!
2. East Lynne by Ellen Wood – I first heard about this book at the conference I attended in New Hampshire this April and have wanted to read it ever since.
3 & 4. The Well of Lost Plots and Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde – It’s about time I continued this series!
On My Shelf (nonfiction)
5. How Sex Changed by Joanne Meyerowitz – Adam gave me this book in a bookswap earlier this year and I’m really looking forward to it!
6. the Qur’an – I’ve read the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and would like to add this to my list of theological texts.
7. Health and Wellbeing: Yoga by Charmaine Yabsley and David Smith – Not sure how much I can learn about yoga through a book, but hey, it’s worth a shot.
9. Dawn by Octavia Butler – see description for East Lynne above
10. Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls by Jes Baker – This is the newest book added to my pile. I’ve heard great things!
That’s it! My ten TBR priorities of 2016.