Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic asks about the 2016 debuts we’re most looking forward to. As usual, I have no idea what debuts are forthcoming. Not a single one.** So instead, I’m using today’s topic to list out my most anticipated 2016 releases (non-debut). (Yes, I know there’s an upcoming topic where I can address this. However, I have something else blog-planned that day.) In order of my anticipation anxiety:
2. Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson – Until Shadows of Self, this wasn’t high priority for me. Now I’m glad the wait will be short.
3. The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey – Loved the first in this series, can’t wait for the second!
4. Something New by Lucy Knisley – More Knisley? Yes, please!
6. The Hunt by Megan Shepherd – see description of #3 above
7. Calamity by Brandon Sanderson – I hope the end of this trilogy is brilliant.
8. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – I hear this series will just be a duology, so hopefully this wraps up well!
Other possibilities with 2016 listed as tentative release year on GoodReads:
- the second Goldseer book by Rae Carson
- the second Magonia book by Maria Dahvana Headley
- the next Lockwood & Co book by Jonathan Stroud
Also, this isn’t actually listed, anywhere, but can we please, please, please have more Tana French soon??
**Oh! I just realized, I do know a 2016 debut after all: Dreamology by Lucy Keating. I have no idea where I heard about this book, and it’s not in my most anticipated 2016 books (on a to-investigate list instead), but hey, I know one this year! That’s highly unusual for me, haha.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.