Today is a movie freebie on Top Ten Tuesday! Here are my favorite book-to-movie adaptations.
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy – I hated this book with a passion. The movie, on the other hand, is fantastic!
3. The Hours by Michael Cunningham – I saw this movie before I read the book, and then I read the book, thinking it would be better than the movie. Nope. Didn’t like the book at all. The movie remains my favorite to this day, though.
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – I’ve seen lots of adaptations of this novel, though only one has made my list of favorites: the adaptation with Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens.
6. Chocolat by Joanne Harris – Honestly, I can’t say if I like the book or movie better! The movie convinced me to try the book, though.
7. Silver Lining’s Playbook by Matthew Quick – Can I be honest? I haven’t read the book. I want to, but I’m worried the same thing will happen as when I read The Hours.
9. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke – I guess technically this is a TV series, but that counts, right? It’s not exactly the same as the book, and I do like the book better. The show/movie is good also!
10. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – Honestly, I tried to read this once and decided nope. Recently I saw the movie and fell in love, so I’m going to be trying the book again soon!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.