…But Don’t Own Yet. That’s a really long title!
It’s been a long time since I got to participate in Top Ten Tuesday. I’ve missed it! I’ve watched other book bloggers post different book lists and found myself planning what I would write if I had a book blog again…and now I do! So! For the first time in several years, here goes – the top ten books I really want to read, but don’t own yet:
(Actually, for my first week back, this is a pretty tough topic for me, because I so very rarely buy books before reading them first. So instead, I’m going to make this the top ten books I really want to read, but haven’t yet been able to snag from the library yet!)
1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell – I enjoyed Fangirl and Attachments so much, especially the first, and Landline sounds so good! I was on the hold list at my library in San Antonio, but not close enough to get it by the time we left Texas. Now, I’m at the top of the list all over again! Boo.
2. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith aka JK Rowling – I’m not normally a detective-story-type girl, but I really did enjoy The Cuckoo’s Calling when I read it last year. Just like with Landline, I was very low on the hold list at my last library, and starting all over again on the list here…
3. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – So many people have recommended this to me. It sounds brilliant. On the hold list for both physical and audio copy. I’ll take whichever comes first!
4. Thinside Out by Josie Spinardi – Subtitled: How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too. Nonfiction about intuitive eating, which sounds like something I’d really enjoy. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to ILL this one, or buy it. Not in my library’s system.
5. The Secret Place by Tana French – This one technically only releases today, so I’m hoping I get it pretty quickly from the library. I have the audiobook on hold, as I’ve listened to all of the previous books in this series on audio and love them that way!
(Yes, I realize all five of these next books have yet to be published. So obviously, I could not have snagged them yet, though technically, that’s still under the same umbrella heading, yes? I certainly can’t wait to read them! And the first five mentioned are literally my only can’t-wait reads that I don’t own. I pretty much read things immediately when they come out!)
6. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld – One of my very favorite YA authors, and it’s been a long time since he released a new book. This one sounds fascinating!
7. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman – I read Seraphina in 2012 (though I never reviewed it, sadly). That was a long, long time ago! I know the author has struggled in the time since, and the delay of Book 2 has been pushed back a couple times. It now has a cover, a new title and a release date of early next year. *crosses fingers*
8. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – I have a love-hate relationship with this series, but I know that as soon as my library has this on order, I will put myself on the hold list. I have to see how the trilogy ends!
9. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson – Johnson is another of my favorite YA authors and I’ve been waiting for the conclusion to this trilogy for a long time, too!
10. Winter by Marissa Meyer – Another “last book,” this time the fourth in a series. This one keeps getting better with each book, and I can’t wait to see how Meyer wraps it up! Also: can’t wait for cover art reveal!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.