It is beyond astonishing to me that the Readers Imbibing Peril reading event is in its 17th year!! Things have changed a lot since the early days, but despite that, this is still one of the reading events that I most look forward to each year. I’ve of course already begun to read my spooky reads (who cares if that technically breaks the rules!), and I have a long list that may or may not have anything to do with what I’ll actually read over the next two months:
- The Clackity by Lora Senf (yup, already read it…)
- The House Across the Lake by Riley Sager (finished yesterday)
- Miss Moriarty, I Presume by Sherry Thomas (in progress)
- The It Girl by Ruth Ware
- Suddenly Psychic by Elizabeth Hunter
- A Turn of the Tide by Kelley Armstrong
- The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
- Bindle Punk Bruja by Desideria Mesa
- Small Angels by Lauren Owen
- Only a Monster by Vanessa Len
Several of these have been on my list for months or longer, just waiting until RIP season. Not that I haven’t read a half-dozen RIP-worthy books this year already, but it’s nice to have a bit of a backlog to dive into in September and October!
Y’all, I’m so excited for this – definitely check out that top link above to see details of the event and links out to others’ book lists for ideas. Let’s all make Year 17 of RIP wonderful!
Pingback: Sunday Coffee – End of another RIP season | The Zen Leaf