It is beyond astonishing to me that the Readers Imbibing Peril reading event is in its 17th year!! Things have changed a lot since the early days, but despite that, this is still one of the reading events that I most look forward to each year. I’ve of course already begun to read my spooky reads (who cares if that technically breaks the rules!), and I have a long list that may or may not have anything to do with what I’ll actually read over the next two months:
- The Clackity by Lora Senf (yup, already read it…)
- The House Across the Lake by Riley Sager (finished yesterday)
- Miss Moriarty, I Presume by Sherry Thomas (in progress)
- The It Girl by Ruth Ware
- Suddenly Psychic by Elizabeth Hunter
- A Turn of the Tide by Kelley Armstrong
- The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
- Bindle Punk Bruja by Desideria Mesa
- Small Angels by Lauren Owen
- Only a Monster by Vanessa Len
Several of these have been on my list for months or longer, just waiting until RIP season. Not that I haven’t read a half-dozen RIP-worthy books this year already, but it’s nice to have a bit of a backlog to dive into in September and October!
Y’all, I’m so excited for this – definitely check out that top link above to see details of the event and links out to others’ book lists for ideas. Let’s all make Year 17 of RIP wonderful!