Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic asks about our favorite couples in books. I decided to go with traditional couples this time around and picked the first ten that popped into my head (that I loved, of course!). In order of which I thought first:
1. Randolph Henry Ash and Christabel LaMotte from Possession by AS Byatt
Their relationship grew through letters! We named our first two cats after these two. Christabel passed away of lymphoma after six months, but Ash is still with us.
2. Vin and Elend from the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson
There’s this one scene I love so much: Vin is joyous and hugging Elend, wearing nothing but underclothes despite being in public (long story), and he’s uncomfortable and telling her that this whole hugging-in-underclothes thing is making him feel very awkward. Ha!
4. Zuzana and Mik from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor
Reading their first-date story in Night of Cake and Puppets was equally awesome.
5. Lazlo and Sarai from Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Oh to meet in dreams…
6. Sophie and Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
7 & 8. Blue and Gansey // Adam and Ronan from the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
I cannot wait to read more about these characters! Ronan-trilogy coming in November!!!!!
9. Nazira and Fatima from the Conqueror’s Saga by Kiersten White
They may not be main characters, but their relationship is so awesome. Love it.
10. Celia and Marco from The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I love their story more each time I read this book.
Who are some of your favorite couples in literature?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.