Every year I make a list of books that I’d like to get to during that year. These consist of books on my TBR or to-investigate list, plus any backlogged Audible queue and books being published throughout the year. The goal is to read or cull all the books on the list. This year, there are 26. I’m really excited about some of these. I definitely anticipate 2019 being a better year in reading than 2018!
- Earth – Emile Zola
- The Windup Girl – Paolo Bacigalupi
- Early Riser – Jasper Fforde
- City of Broken Magic – Mirah Bolender
- Ghostland – Colin Dickey
- Poison Squad – Deborah Blum
- Rosmersholm – Henrik Ibsen
- City of Ghosts – Victoria Schwab
- Love a la Mode – Stephanie Kate Strohm
- Becoming – Michelle Obama
- The Christmas Hirelings – Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- Aspergirls – Rudy Simone
- The Girl in Times Square – Paullina Simons
- Song of Blood and Stone – L. Penelope
- The Kingdom of Copper – SA Chakraborty (Jan)
- The Vanishing Stair – Maureen Johnson (Jan)
- King of Scars – Leigh Bardugo (Jan)
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance – Tomi Adeyemi (March)
- The True Queen – Zen Cho (March)
- Internment – Samira Ahmed (March)
- The Bride Test – Helen Hoang (May)
- Better Than the Best Plan – Lauren Morrill (June)
- Grave Importance – Vivian Shaw (Aug)
- The Dragon Republic – RF Kuang (Aug)
- Starsight – Brandon Sanderson (Nov)
- The Starless Sea – Erin Morgenstern (Nov)
Have you read any of these? Recommendations or warnings would be welcome!
Becoming was a fantastic listen! And I plan on rereading Early Riser soon since Jasper is coming to Seattle at the end of February. This book is SO him. It made me happy. Ghostland was fun, especially since my prom was in one of the locations he investigated. And I think those are all of the ones I’ve read!
I’m also looking forward to Zen Cho, Maureen Johnson, and Erin Morgenstern’s new books. This week? The new Flavia de Luce!
Glad to hear that about Becoming! And how exciting to see Jasper Fforde – I seem to remember this isn’t your first time? Or am I remembering wrong. I hope I like Early Riser. It’s not in to my library yet. I’ve been on the hold list since it was first ordered back in early fall, but it’s still labeled as “acquisitions.”