In books, you dorks. Heh.
I once talked about these in a Sunday Coffee post, so let me start with those bookish turn-ons. I’m immediately drawn to books if they:
- are set on a cruise
- involve shared dreams
- involve reincarnation through many lives or reliving the same life multiple times
- have love-distance falling in love, especially through phone calls or letters
- contain elements of the occult
- involve telepathy of any kind
- are set in the Middle East or involve Middle Eastern culture (in a way that isn’t antagonistic)
- have characters that deviate from the normal bi-gender cultural roles
Those are the ones I discussed about a year ago in that post. Two more things I’m drawn to are:
- books that in some way retell or revisit Phantom of the Opera or Jane Eyre
- nonfiction related to food history or food science (thought not diet-based books)
What sorts of things make you immediately want to read a book?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.