I’m not a huge comedy person, but when an author does it right, I really enjoy it. These books got it perfect:
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- the Nursery Crimes books by Jasper Fforde
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett
- Gothic Charm School by Jillian Venters
- The Monk by Matthew Gregory Lewis (though I doubt it’s meant to be humor…)
- The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde
- Fat Girl Walking by Brittany Gibbons
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
What are your favorite comedic books?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.