For my 36th birthday back on March 1st, I made a list of 36 goals to complete: a 36 in 36 project. Now that the year is half up, I wanted to take a moment to check in with how I’m doing.
– All the traveling on the list (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Niagara Falls, and Canada) is DONE. These were designed for my time in New England, before moving back to TX.
– I wore makeup (ha!), went to a zoo, bowled, swam with my boys, participated in a 5K, took a bubble bath, went to a painting class, and bought fun pajamas.
– Additionally, I started doing yoga regularly, which is WAY out of my comfort zone.
– I far exceeded my initial goals to wear a skirt/dress six times, try six new-to-me restaurants, try six new-to-me kinds (not brands) of wine, try twelve new-to-me coffees, and complete 36 random acts of kindness.
– I’ve had people over for dinner three of six times, shopped at a thrift store four of six times, got one of six massages (boo! Need to catch up!), gone out with friends ten of twelve times, and taken three of twelve longer-than-a-5k walks.
– I’m further behind in both my paralegal course and my Rosetta Stone Spanish course than I wanted to be at this point, but both are in progress.
Still to Go:
– There are a couple things on the list that I can’t do yet, per timing: dress up for Halloween and participate in NaNoWriMo.
– As for the “any time” goals, I still need to host or attend a book club, get my two manuscript-related tattoos, attend a street festival, play pool, see a movie in theatre, and attend a play, musical, or dinner theatre production.
All things – like a cross-country move – considered, I’m not doing too badly. I have seven anytime goals still to complete, two timing-based goals, and seven in-progress goals. I’ve also fully completed twenty goals. I’d say I’m roughly two-thirds of the way through my list of goals at this halfway point. Win!