Just like I said with my 2015 Spring TBR Possibilities List, I would rather not be too heavy-handed in my choices for summer. I never really know what I’ll read in advance, as my mood will change as the months pass. The ten I’ve listed below seem like good summer choices now, but in a month? Who knows what I’ll feel like! I mean, looking back at the TBR Possibilities lists I’ve made in the last year, I read four off my fall 2014 list, four off my winter 2014/2015 list, and three off my spring 2015 list. That’s not a very good completion rate…
In any case, here’s my very tentative list of possibles for this summer:
2. The Secrets She Keeps by Deb Caletti – newest release by a favorite modern author
3. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell – This one still scares me, but I’d determined to try. Eventually. I have the audio to check out now…
4. Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski – lighthearted summer read
5. Dawn by Octavia Butler – because it sounds fascinating
7. The Diver’s Clothes Lie Empty by Vendela Vida – cultural thriller that I want to investigate
8. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – one of those “probably should read” books that I now have an actual recommendation for, from a trusted reader-friend
9. Middlemarch by George Eliot – still scares me, but again, determined to try, and the audio narrator is one of my favorites
10. Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther – cultural women’s fiction to investigate
What’s on your list? Are any of these books ones you’d recommend?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.