Top Ten Spring TBR Books

At present, I’m in one of those moods where I don’t want to plan too heavily what books I may or may not read over the next little while. This is especially true while I’m still in a state of flux on the kinds of books I want to read. Instead of this list being the books plan to try to read this spring, they are possible books I may or may not look at over the next few weeks/months. In no particular order:

lostfoundLost and Found by Brooke Davis – a random book that sounds light and heartwarming

The Wicked + the Divine: Vol 1 by Kieron Gillen – the first non-Knisley GN I’ve considered in a very long time

The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos – the new book from one of my favorite character-driven authors

S by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst – a very intriguing interactive design

Land of Love and Drowning by Tiphanie Yanique – cultural exploration!

alifNekropolis by Maureen McHugh – been on my to-read list for way too long

Alif Unseen or The Butterfly Mosque by G. Willow Wilson – can’t decide which at the moment, both sound good

The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi – more cultural exploration!

Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman – because I’ve waited years for it

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin – agender characters!!

And I may or may not end up reading any of these this spring, heh…

topten

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

14 Responses to Top Ten Spring TBR Books

1. Beth F says:

Oh I really want to read S. I started it but realized it actually needs some major concentration. I remember Swapna saying she actually kept notes. I think it’s going to be a summer read for me. Maybe this year.

I hope you get to the Le Guin, at least! We need more members in our fan club. 🙂

I’m worried about trying her – what if I end up not a fan??

• Shaina says:

We couldn’t be friends anymore, obviously.

Just kidding. 😉 I could see her not being everyone’s cup of tea, but (if I’m reading your tastes correctly) I think you’ll enjoy her! I can’t speak specifically for Left Hand of Darkness.

3. Lindsey says:

I adored Lost and Found and Land of Love and Drowning was really interesting. Yanique has such a unique style.

I usually have my reading planned out for the next week or two. It’s my feeble attempt to not owe the library all of my money for late books! But my reading for the whole spring?? Who knows?!?

4. Bart says:

Shadow Scale made my list too, Seraphina seems so long ago!

5. Brona says:

As a proud Aussie I say read Lost & Found if nothing else!!

6. Pingback: Top Ten Books On My 2015 Summer TBR | The Zen Leaf