I’ve met a few authors here and there over the years, but there are some I’ve still never met (and some I can’t meet, not without going to the grave first…). In no particular order:
1. Brandon Sanderson – I was supposed to meet him at an event this winter, but stupid snow canceled it. Grr.
2. Oscar Wilde – because he would just be awesome to hang out with
3. Maggie Stiefvater – Her twitter stream makes me smile on a daily basis.
4. Laini Taylor – I adore her imagination and her pink hair.
5. Erin Morgenstern – I’d love to tell her in person just how much her book changed the way I saw the world.
6. Zilpha Keatley Snyder – I’ve written to and received a letter from this author, but would still love to meet her in person, as she was so influential to me as a child.
7. Tom Perrotta – Ditto on being influential, plus his hometown is only one town over from me!
8. Sylvia Plath – if only it were possible…
9. Diana Wynne Jones – I’d ask what happens to Howl next.
10. JK Rowling – Because while I’m not sure we’d be BFFs or anything, who wouldn’t want to meet one of the most influential authors of the current generation?
Who’s on your list?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I love how you chose Rowling she seems amazing and a really great person. 🙂
My Top Ten Tuesday
I had Sanderson on my list as well. He comes across really well on the Writing Excuses podcast that he does with others. And of course JK Rowling is on the list 🙂
I love writing excuses!
Yes to Maggie and Rowling.
Maggie Stiefvater and JK Rowling were both on my list! So glad too see so much love for those women today!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/
Great list! JK Rowling seems to be a very popular choice, but she’d be on my list too!
Great list! Stiefvater almost made my list.
Wow so many other people put Maggie and Rowling!! 😀