When I created my 2021 goals back in December, I created them based on the reality that I was living at the time, a reality that involved Something Being Wrong and me not knowing what that Wrong Thing was. When I suddenly discovered the Devil-Bed situation at the end of the month, everything I knew just flew out the window. I’m starting from scratch with my health – something I’ll soon discuss more fully – and I no longer have any idea whether my goals for 2021 are relevant. They very well may be. It takes a long time to recover from something like 5+ years of sleeping on a mattress you’re allergic to. I chose not to change my goals for that reason – I didn’t want to take things too fast and potentially set myself up for failure before I had a clear picture of where my health would go this year.
However, I have a confession to make. I’m not a huge fan of nebulous goals. I like concrete actions and concrete markers with which to measure my progress. At the same time, I know that 2021 is not a good year for grand ambitions. Not only is my personal situation iffy, but there’s the whole covid situation to think about.
So, to compromise, I’ve made myself a list of February goals. None of these are inconsistent with my yearly intentions, and I rather hope that they’ll help. Time will tell if these are helpful or add an additional burden to my days, and from there, I’ll see what I want to do next month.
- Finish YWA Breath (currently way behind, on Day 13)
- Walk/run/hike 40+ miles
- File our taxes and put any refund toward debts
- Plant 1-2 trees in the backyard (February is ideal planting time in SA)
- Attempt to learn macrame
- Finish reading the magazines I bought in December (for my Vision Board)
- Get my room in order (wood painted, decor back up, etc)
- Learn how to use my new (refurbished) manual camera that Jason got me (!!!)
I’ll check back in next month with my progress.
ETA: Instead of checking back in, I’ll just update here:
- Didn’t finish YWA and in fact only finished Day 14 in Feb.
- Only 26.5 miles
- Taxes filed but the refund hadn’t come by end of month
- Trees planted!
- I did this a little but was waiting on the library for some books to truly learn
- Magazines: done
- Room is partially done – wood painted etc, but still have to rearrange it
- Camera: done!
Eight things is a compromise? 😉 But srsly for me, two things would be good for me in a month or any month.
Yeah I tend to be overly ambitious at times, ha!
LikeLiked by 1 person