As always at this time of year, I’m so excited for the Readers Imbibing Peril challenge to start! Of course, as per usual, I’ve already finished my first RIP read, before the challenge even begins – Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett (so good!). This seems to be a tradition for me, as I get impatient for RIP books before that Sept 1st start line, haha! I’ve also been compiling a RIP-read list for the last month. My potential books this month include:
- Dreadful Company – Vivian Shaw**
- Lethal White – Robert Galbraith**
- The Witch Elm – Tana French
- The Phantom Tree – Nicola Cornick
- Maisie Dobbs – Jacqueline Winspear
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein – Kiersten White
- Broken Things – Lauren Oliver
- The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern (reread)
- (possibility) A Study in Scarlet Women – Sherry Thomas
- (possibility) The Muse of Nightmares – Laini Taylor**
Starred books are definite reads, possibilities are books that I’m not yet sure qualify as RIP reads. I’m sure I’ll find plenty more than these as the next two months pass by!
As for the details, you can find them at the above link. I’m participating at the “Peril the First” level, as usual – at least four books (sure to be more) in the broad RIP categories (also listed at the above link).
Are any of y’all reading? What books would you recommend? Let’s get this thing started!