Today’s Top Ten Tuesday asks us to list our top authors that we read for the first time in 2017. I read 28 new-to-me authors in 2017, and I don’t quite have ten new “bests,” so here’s my short list of new-to-me authors that I really liked, in no particular order:
1. Frances Hardinge – After reading A Face Like Glass, I was hooked. I read one more by Hardinge last year and it was also very good. For the first time in quite some time, I’m interested in reading an author’s backlist!
2. Robert Jackson Bennett – It’s too soon to tell if Bennett will become a new favorite author, but I really loved his writing in the Divine Cities trilogy. If his other works are that well done, I’ll be happy to read on!
3. Zen Cho – Again, it’s too soon to say whether Cho will become a favorite. However, I adored Sorcerer to the Crown and I’m looking forward to further books.
4. Liane Moriarty – I’ve developed a sort of love-hate relationship with Moriarty. Her books suck me in, sometimes too deeply, but there’s no denying the woman can write and her stories interest me!
5. Kiersten White – This is another case of “only read one series by this author,” but the Conquerer’s Saga is so good that I will definitely try more from White when possible.
Any of these authors on your favorites list? Will someone else please read A Face Like Glass??
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Soon it will be moved to a new location, and I just wanted to send out a quick word of praise and thanks to those at The Broke and the Bookish who have maintained this event for the last seven-ish years. Thanks, ladies!