I adore when books make a new world (either fantasy or real) come alive! Here are some of my favorites, places I’d love to visit – though only if I could be a passive observe on some of these!
1. Hogwarts – Who wouldn’t want to visit the wizarding world?? (from Harry Potter, of course)
2. Caverna – An underground world with magical creations! (A Face Like Glass)
3. the New Mexico desert – Willa Cather made this world come alive. (Death Comes for the Archbishop)
4. an elephant sanctuary – because I just adore elephants so much (The Nature of Jade)
5. 19th century Paris – I’ve been to modern Paris. Would love to see this older version. (Les Miserables)
6. R’Tan – A fascinating world where children and person-sized birds bond so tightly they literally can’t live without each other. (Firstborn)
7. Joya D’Arena – A world where prophets are chosen by gems that appear in their belly buttons. (The Girl of Fire and Thorns)
8. Prague – Well, I’ve wanted to go there since long before books, but still… (City of Dark Magic)
9. Bulikov – A city of staircases that end in random places in the air, going nowhere? It would be fascinating to experience. (City of Stairs)
10. Scadriel, Sel, Nalthis, Roshar… – Or pretty much any of Brandon Sanderson’s intricately creative other worlds – as an observer only!! (Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker, Stormlight Archive)
What are some of your favorite worlds/settings?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.