I adore when books make a new world (either fantasy or real) come alive! Here are some of my favorites, places I’d love to visit – though only if I could be a passive observe on some of these!
1. Hogwarts – Who wouldn’t want to visit the wizarding world?? (from Harry Potter, of course)
2. Caverna – An underground world with magical creations! (A Face Like Glass)
3. the New Mexico desert – Willa Cather made this world come alive. (Death Comes for the Archbishop)
4. an elephant sanctuary – because I just adore elephants so much (The Nature of Jade)
5. 19th century Paris – I’ve been to modern Paris. Would love to see this older version. (Les Miserables)
6. R’Tan – A fascinating world where children and person-sized birds bond so tightly they literally can’t live without each other. (Firstborn)
7. Joya D’Arena – A world where prophets are chosen by gems that appear in their belly buttons. (The Girl of Fire and Thorns)
8. Prague – Well, I’ve wanted to go there since long before books, but still… (City of Dark Magic)
9. Bulikov – A city of staircases that end in random places in the air, going nowhere? It would be fascinating to experience. (City of Stairs)
10. Scadriel, Sel, Nalthis, Roshar… – Or pretty much any of Brandon Sanderson’s intricately creative other worlds – as an observer only!! (Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker, Stormlight Archive)
What are some of your favorite worlds/settings?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Prague is such a gorgeous city. I really want to go back and explore it properly. I was pregnant and young and not as focused on the sites like I should have been.
Hogwarts is definitely on my list, as is Bulikov. I want to see those stairs and the magical gate myself!
Of course, I would add Transylvania to my list!
I nearly added Transylvania to my list!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hogwarts for sure, and I love the idea of an elephant sanctuary. Great picks!
Check out my TTT
If you haven’t seen it, you should check out the elephant sanctuary page – they post videos and pictures and stories from the elephants they rescue there. I loved the one about the bonded pair – an elephant and a dog! The elephant learned how to make barking and growling noises. It was amazing.
I feel like I’m the only person in the world who wouldn’t want to visit Hogwarts, what with three-headed dogs, giant spiders, and trolls running around. Hahaha
Yeah that’s why I had to put “observer only” on there. Some of Brandon Sanderson’s worlds have crazy stuff in them that I wouldn’t want to be exposed to (like 50-foot-tall giant shelled beasts with four voices!).
Hogwarts was on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/top-ten-tuesday-136/
LikeLiked by 1 person