– Oathbringer! The release of Oathbringer is of course why I decided to take a mini-blog break in the first place, combined with it being an upcoming holiday week. I told my family I was taking vacation, and then spent three days binge-reading the 1235-page tome. My emotions were all over the place as I read and I had major mood swings because of everything I felt from those pages. My poor family, haha.
– I finally saw a new therapist here, but one visit was enough to know it wouldn’t be a good fit. Back to the drawing board.
– I made a new header for the blog! Finally! I’ve been meaning to do this since 2014, and here it is, three years later…
– Last weekend, the boys stayed with my mom, so Jason and I got our first night off/out in about eight months. While we didn’t do anything spectacular – we just went to Half Price Books for some Christmas shopping then to the grocery store – it was lovely just to hang out and chat and not have to parent for a bit. I went to bed super early that night (8pm!) and had a lovely long night of sleep before the boys returned to us the next morning.
– A cold front finally came through that same weekend. Halloween was a nasty, fitful-rain night that brought in a muggy heat wave. The first few weeks of November were in the mid-to-high 80s with high humidity and general blah-ness. That was really affecting my mood and my desire to go exercise. This cold front (and dry front!) was definitely needed.
– There was, of course, Thanksgiving. I spent this with my dad’s side of the family, some extended family I hadn’t seen in over a year. My sister and brother-in-law came in from out of town and I got to hang out with them (and my brother) both at the Thanksgiving dinner and afterwards at our house. My family made cranberry orange muffins for the party and they were sooooo good!
– The day after Thanksgiving was packed! I had lunch out with extended family at my favorite restaurant (India Oven). There was some Black Friday shopping (well after the crowds were gone!) and then we began decorating our house for Christmas. It’s tradition for us to start playing Christmas songs and putting up decorations on the day after Thanksgiving. We didn’t get everything done, but our house is starting to feel like the holidays! Plus I discovered that we have one outlet that is controlled by a light switch. It’s right by where we decided to put the Christmas tree, so that’s perfect! We used to have one of those before we moved to Boston, and haven’t had one since then, so this was a neat little fun thing about our house to discover. I love being able to turn the Christmas lights on and off at the switch. Yes, I’m a dork.
So it was a good holiday, fun and full. Jason and the boys go back to work/school tomorrow and life (and blog) shall resume as normal. 🙂