So technically today’s topic wants us to talk about which characters we as readers have crushes on. I don’t have very many of those, though, and instead I have a particular soft spot toward the rare functional couple in fiction. I like those couples that support each other and where both characters are good boyfriends/girlfriends, even when obstacles get in their way. In no particular order:
- Vin and Elend from the Mistborn trilogy (Brandon Sanderson)
- Zuzana and Mik from Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Laini Taylor)
- Mina and Peter from Crossed Wires (Rosy Thornton)
- Dalinar and Navani from the Stormlight Archive (Brandon Sanderson)
- Nick and Nora from The Thin Man (Dashiell Hammitt)
- Jasper and Dorian from The Girl at Midnight (Melissa Grey)
- Celia and Marco from The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern)
- Siri and Susebron from Warbreaker (Brandon Sanderson)
- Lazlo and Sarai from Strange the Dreamer (Laini Taylor)
- Adam and Ronan from the Raven Cycle (Maggie Stiefvater)
What are some of your favorite functional fictional couples?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.