- unpacking and organizing the house, plus fixing some house problems and such
- crazy weather changes, from 60s and 70s to snow and ice
- Thanksgiving, of course, plus a few other family parties for anniversaries, birthdays, etc
- car trouble – joy!
- some really bad things happening to some of my extended family 😦
- decorating for Christmas
- the first NaNoWriMo since 2009 in which I didn’t participate
- the worst politics ever, not to mention the ramifications that came afterwards
- binge-watching NCIS reruns because my brain wouldn’t really do anything except watch TV this month
- (hence) very little reading…
- as many bubble baths as I could manage
- anxiety, depression, and homesickness, plus work with doctors to try to get medicated for said anxiety and depression
It was a hard month, but I’m trying to focus on some positives. First, there’s the surprise 70’s-themed fondue party we threw for my in-laws’ 40th anniversary. It was the day after Thanksgiving and we were all dress in our 70s best. The party was full of trivia, 70’s music, sandalwood incense, paisley, and half a dozen kinds of fondue. It really was totally awesome, and one of the only times all month that I felt calm and at peace.
After that came one of my favorite things of the year: decorating the house for Christmas. Christmas is another thing that will be hard so far from home, but I’m doing all I can to incorporate as many family traditions as possible.
That’s about it for my November. I imagine the next few months are going to be particularly rough for me, but I’ll keep trying to find the little lights in the dark.