I love today’s topic! I’ve been very book-focused here lately, so it feels nice to take a little break from that and think about the not-bookish things in my life. I’m including apps here as well as sites, because some of them are my favorites even if they are just on my phone. In no particular order:
1. Miitomo (app): This is a silly little social media app where you take your Mii (from the Wii, or you can create your own on the app) and interact with friends. You answer questions, see your friends’ answers, earn coins and tickets, buy new outfits, take silly Mii-selfies, etc. It’s completely ridiculous, but I love it so much.
2. Chaos Life: K and Stiffler have an online comic called Find Chaos. I don’t read it, but I do read their personal life in comic form, Chaos Life. They’re a queer couple, and Stiffler is agender (like me), so it’s particularly close to my heart.
3. Yoga With Adriene: She is the best. That’s all there is to it.
4. IMDB: Boring, I know, but I use this site/app all the time.
5. Instagram (app): Another typical entry, but again, this is one of my favorite social medias, so here it is.
6. Birthmarkings: This website and documentary helped to really begin my journal toward loving my own body. I highly recommend it, especially for mothers out there whose bodies were broken up by pregnancy.
7. Girls Gone Strong: The women who run this site are amazingly knowledgeable and inspirational.
8. Day One (app): Technically, I think this is supposed to be a daily journal. I use it as a wine journal, though, tracking what I’ve tried and what I’ve liked, all cross-tagged so I can make more informed decisions each time I want to get a bottle or glass.
9. Anxiety: I guess technically this is a Tumblr post, not really a website. However, I bookmark this particular animated gif as a way of calming my brain and body when I’m feeling particularly anxious. It really works well.
10. Brittany, Herself: I just love Brittany Gibbons. That’s all.
Do you know any of these? Which are your favorites?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.