Technically, today’s topic is “author duos,” but I was struggling with the topic, and that made me think – hey, I’m a writer, and there are authors I’d LOVE to write a book with…so this is kinda like author duos, right? Because I wouldn’t want to write a book with just any author…and it would blow my mind to be paired with any of these people…
1. Brandon Sanderson, because he’s probably the most awesome writer I’ve ever known and not only do I love his books to pieces, he’d be fun to work with as well. Plus, he speaks about writing the way I think about writing. I know I could learn so much from him!
2, 3, 4. Speaking of “fun to work with,” let me add Maureen Johnson, Maggie Stiefvater, and Laini Taylor to the list. Actually, we can just make this a fantastic author quad.
5. Nail Gaiman, because while I don’t always love his books, I think he has an amazing imagination and would love to learn about the way he brings that imagination to the page.
6, 7. Lucy Knisley and Edward Gorey would both be awesome to work with on visual projects, whether it involves graphic novels or just illustrated novels. And yes, I know Gorey is dead and that’s a wish that can never come true.
8. Rainbow Rowell, and I’m not even sure why, but she seems like a great person to do a back-and-forth, two-perspective kind of book with.
9. Erin Morgenstern, mostly because I adore her writing and find her very inspirational.
10. Diana Wynne Jones, another wish that can never come true. Like Gaiman, I think this woman has an incredible imagination and I would love to understand more about, and become part of, those processes.
I know not all of my readers are writers, but if you were collaborating with an author – any author, living or dead – who would you pick?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.