I’m not a real big hype person, meaning that I don’t pay much attention to whether or not a book has a lot of hype. I don’t go out of my way to pick up books that win awards and praise, but I also don’t go out of my way to avoid them, either. Instead, I treat them like any other books, and read them if they sound interesting. Here is a list of the top ten hyped books that I have no interest whatsoever in reading. They just don’t seem like my kind of books.
1. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
4. The Martian by Andy Weir
5. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
6. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
7. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
8. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
9. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
10. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Tell me – am I wrong about any of these? Should I try them despite them not seeming like my kind of book? Because I’m often wrong about this…I just finished Eleanor & Park, which I never thought I’d enjoy, and mostly enjoyed it…
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.