Confession: I am not really great at knowing what books are going to be coming out in the next year. If it’s not part of a series I’m already following, or by an author I’m already following, it’s unlikely for me to know about the book before its release date. Trying to think of my top ten 2015 reads is VERY difficult (forget top ten debut reads – a topic that will come up in a month and I’ll simply skip because I know NO 2015 debuts at all…). Some of the books I came up with are simply repeats of books I’ve mentioned so many times in previous lists that I feel like a broken record. Be that as it may, here goes. These are listed in order of publication date (per GoodReads, as of when I drafted this post).
2. Displacement by Lucy Knisley – 2/8/15 – Lucy Knisley is one of the most consistently enjoyable authors I know.
3. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson – 2/10/15 – Been waiting for the end of this trilogy for ages!
4. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman – 3/10/15 – Maybe I’ll finally write a review for Seraphina, when I read it right before the sequel that is FINALLY coming out, yay!
6. Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier – 7/1/15 – I’ve been impressed by Larbalestier before, and this one sounds really interesting.
7. Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson – 11/19/15 – Another Mistborn-related book?? Please!!
8. Winter by Marissa Meyer – 11/24/15 – So sad this one won’t be coming out in February like the last three have. I want this one so badly! Can’t wait to see how this quartet gets wrapped up.
9. the next Rithmatist book by Brandon Sanderson – 2015 – This one has no title or firm publication date, and might get pushed back. Hopefully not. It would be great to read this one with my boys again.
10. the next Raven Cycle book by Maggie Stiefvater – 2015 – Same deal, no title or firm publication date. But I want this one so badly!!
I admit, I was a little disappointed to discover that Dead Man’s Palace by Stefan Bachmann has been pushed back to 2016. That one sounds fascinating and I’ve been thinking about it for about 1.5 years now. Ah well. I’m also really interested to see if the next Rae Carson book will come out next year, though as of now, there’s not even a tentative publication date listed for it.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.