This is another of those topics that, if asked a year ago, I could easily fill a top twenty list. Nearly all the series I was right in the middle of came out with their final books in 2014, and I’ve gobbled most of them up. I’m not big on starting new series, either, so I don’t have a very strong, definite list of anticipated sequels at the moment. My top ten had me stretching in places…
2. Winter by Marissa Meyer – Each book in this series has gotten better, and I can’t wait to see how #4 wraps everything up!
3. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson – Loved the first book in this trilogy, wasn’t sold on the second, but still really looking forward to the conclusion.
4. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – This one just came out. I’m still waiting for my library to deliver a copy to me. *twitch*
6. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson – Here’s where we get a little iffy, in terms of my top sequels. I already own Words of Radiance, and have for a long time. It came out early in the year. I just haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. I want to, but I want to be in the right mood for it. I’m a little intimidated by this book. Soon.
7. the untitled fourth Raven Cycle book from Maggie Stiefvater – Is it fair to put books on the list when they don’t even have titles or solid publication dates on them? I hope so, because the last four on my list all fall into this category. And to be fair, of all the books on this list, I think I’m anticipating this one the very most, despite the lack of title or publication date.
8. the next Rithmatist book from Brandon Sanderson – Yes, he has me hooked on many different series. As far as I know, this one may not be coming out any time soon, however.
9. the next Dublin Murder Squad novel from Tana French – Again, I don’t know what this one will be about, or when it’ll be released. I just know I want it.
10. the next Cormoran Strike novel from Robert Galbraith – Ditto. More, please.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.