Sunday Coffee – Rough

IMG_8491I have to be honest. I am struggling right now with something very big and very disheartening, and I cannot say a word about it. Earlier this week, a Facebook friend linked out to a book blogger talking about being blog-silenced because of being unable to talk about the things going on in her life at that moment. I have no idea which blogger was talking about this. I linked out on my phone, was only able to read part of the post due to being on my phone, and I couldn’t find the link later. [ETA: Update – I’ve been pointed to the post in question.] In any case, this is how I feel right now. Silenced.

I haven’t been reading, and I’m not sure when I’ll start reading again. I’m just not in a good place for books right now. I’ve reached a point so low that not even books can comfort. (And no, I’m not talking about depression, and yes, I am working with a doctor.) There’s nothing, really, that anyone can do for me, but I wanted to say all this because I feel like I need to be honest. Most of the people reading this blog have been blog-friends for a very long time. I want y’all to have the truth, or at least as much of it as I can give.

So the blog might be a bit quiet in weeks to come. I can’t really say when my reading mojo will come back. I’m still here, though, quiet, reading your blogs even if I have a difficult time commenting these days. I’ll still be here when I reach the other side of this, whenever that happens to be. Love you guys.

This entry was posted in Personal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Sunday Coffee – Rough

1. Charlotte says:

Ah gee… I hope the other side comes soon.

2. lenoreva says:

Thinking of you!

3. Word Lily says:

I’m sorry it’s (still) bad. 😦

4. Trisha says:

I hope you can swing back to good soon.

5. Erin says:

I am so sorry. Please let me know if you need a listening ear. I don’t say that any degree of light-heartedness or as an empty, trite comment. I wish you the very best Amanda. You are a strong woman. You seek understanding. I have always admired that in you.

6. Trish says:

Hugs sweet friend. I have two ears if you ever need one. xo

7. Megan says:

Sorry to hear you’re struggling. 😦 Hope things take a turn for the better soon.

8. jflamingo says:

My heart goes out to you, Amanda. It’s hard to be in a place “where not even books can comfort.” I wish you better times & to be able to read again. I honestly do. I’ll keep you in my heart thoughts. If you need to reach out, I’m here. Love & light….

9. jflamingo says:

10. Gricel says:

Take all the time you need and put yourself first.

11. trish says:

I always appreciate your honesty and forthrightness. Even when things are like they are now, you’re still an inspiration. We’re all cheering you on.

12. writingkat says:

We will all still be here, love. Come back to yourself and us when you are ready. Always available for a chat.