I have so many books that I want to read right now! Most of my fall TBR is made up of either RIP-related books or brand new books by some of my favorite authors (either just out or almost out). In no particular order:
1. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (audio) – I admit, I’m on the fence about this one a little. I enjoyed but didn’t completely love A Discovery of Witches, though that might have been because I listened to it nonstop during a three-day cross-country drive. I’m definitely looking forward to taking this one a bit more slowly, while out walking in the gorgeous fall weather and scenery around here!
2. The Secret Place by Tana French (audio) – I have to listen to Tana French on audio. I’ve listened to all her books on audio, and I just like them better that way. Each one has gotten progressively better, and I cannot wait until the library finally delivers this audiobook to me!!!
3. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld – It’s been way too long since I last had a brand new Westerfeld book. Waaaaaay too long. Will gobble this one up asap!
4. Rooms by Lauren Oliver – Oliver’s books have been hit or miss for me, but this one looks sooooo good. Can’t wait to get this one from the library. Sounds like a perfect little creepy RIP book!
5. The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud – I listened to the first book in this series, The Screaming Staircase, back in June. It was so creepy I had chills for most of the listening, and I knew I had to get my hands on Book 2 for RIP. Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be an audio version available. Boo. I’ll have to read it in print instead, rather than waiting for the audio to come out!
6. Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko – I honestly have no idea what this one is about. All I know is that Stephanie pushed it into my hands on one of our last outings together in San Antonio, and Memory confirms that it’s amazing, and it sounds like a great RIP book. Definitely on the list for this fall!
7. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (audio) – This one will wait until after RIP, but it’s pretty much immediately in the queue as of November 1st. I’ve been waiting to get my hands on this one forever!
8. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (audio) – I admit, I’m right in the middle of listening to this one right now, so it’s only kinda TBR. I’m sure that the moment I finish it, the next book in the series (Blue Lily, Lily Blue) will go immediately on the TBR. Oh, who am I kidding? It’s already there! And it comes out near the end of October, so I hope I can get my hands on it while it’s still fall!
9. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – Love-hate relationship with this series, but that definitely won’t stop me from getting my hands on Retribution as soon as it’s released in November!
10. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters – I’m on the fence about Sarah Waters. Read two books, loved one, didn’t at all like the other. I’ve heard this is much like the one I loved, though, so I’m hoping it’s a good one. Unfortunately, I’m WAY back in the hold line at the library, so I might not make it to this one during the fall.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Several of these are on my TBR list and The Retribution of Mara Dyer and Rooms both made it onto my Top Ten for the week! Fantastic list!
Here are my Top Ten!
I just got notice my library has Rooms for me. Yay!!!!!