I don’t really sort my TBR books into priorities, so I can’t really give a top ten additions. Instead, I’ll give the ten most recent additions to my TBR pile, my TBR future pile (books that have yet to be released), and my to-investigate pile (ones I may or may not add to my TBR after trying them out). Starting with the most recent addition:
1. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver – interesting YA about sisters and disappearances
2. The Birth of the Pill by Jonathan Eig – nonfiction about birth control
3. Paradise Beneath Her Feet by Isobel Coleman – nonfiction about progressive women’s movements in Islam
4. Irritable Hearts: A PTSD Love Story by Mac McClelland – nonfiction PTSD memoir
5. The Secrets She Keeps by Deb Caletti – newest adult novel of a favorite author
6. Lost and Found by Brooke Davis – random comfort-find on Wowbrary
7. The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro – an author who’s hit or miss for me
8. Something New by Lucy Knisley – because one can never have too much Knisley
9. A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab – another random Wowbrary find
10. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin – intriguing plot by an author I’ve not yet read
Anyone know these? Any you’d suggest reading first?
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
The Birth of the Pill has been on my list for a while now… I’ve heard good things!
You already know how I feel about Le Guin. 😉
I’ve seen SO much hype for A Darker Shade of Magic in the Twittersphere. Would love to know if it lives up to it!
You know, I don’t think I’ve seen that book on the twittersphere – then again, I guess I rarely get on there anymore! Glad to hear there’s some good hype, though. My only exposure was wowbrary!
This is the third time I’ve seen The Buried Giant. Clearly the universe wants me to read it.
Ha! Clearly. Have you read any others by him?